Friday, 19 February 2016

Sunrise Filming Day

The first few seconds of music are fast beats which set the rhythm of the song, giving us a few seconds before the tracking shots can be used. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to include a sunrise time-lapse. This footage would show the setting and time of day, giving our music video some context, and some interesting visuals. 
So one morning of the half term I walked to my local allotment area (I needed a hill) and set up my camera facing east. I started the time lapse at about 6.50, and left it on a rolling shutter until the actual sunrise at 7.13. 

I then took a second time lapse of a smoke cloud that was nearby, this made for an even more interesting shot as the sun was reflecting off the cloud, and casting different colours. Turning pink then blue, then orange. It looked amazing because the morning was so clear, I'm hoping it looks just as good when I upload the footage, if not I can try to manipulate the colours on Final Cut Pro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment