Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Reshoot

While editing we found that we weren't 100% happy with some of the shots we took in the gym. The biggest issue was the shot for the 'look me in the eye lyrics' as there was't a definite shot of Janadhi staring into the camera. So we took this morning to take another few clips; 43 to be exact! 

We managed to get the shot of the intense camera stare and we also took a few more clips of the gym equipment, just to give ourselves more options when editing. We also took this morning to get the close up uniform shots (I'm really liking those) as well as the uniform exchange. 





I thought the uniform exchange was going to be a really easy scene to capture, I was very wrong. Essentially all we wanted to show was Janadhi handing over her regular clothes and being given her army uniform, but this was much more complicated than it sounds. We needed three sets of hands, some precise hand- eye- co ordination and a decent angle. I think we trialled about 15 different angles  before deciding on our last framing. 



First there was the side- on mid shot


Followed by a diagonal mid- shot





We then tested the shot from a bird's eye view. 


We're all finished now though, just waiting for the clips to import to iMovie so we can get cutting.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment