I'm halfway through creating the digipak design for the album. I found Photoshop to be the easiest editing software as there are options to alter the sizing, the text and the images all on one program. My design is very simplistic and only uses a monochrome palette, so far it looks effective and I think it fits with the genre. One of the main elements is the line drawing which is found on every side of the digipak. This was inspired by the line art used by 'Foals' and Paolo Nuitini. The lines show the contour of the band on the album cover, and when opened; there is the outline of the London skyline in the same style. I wanted to include London as it adds a bit of context e.g where the band is from, what inspires the song. The view of London also heavily features in the music for 'We Fall' so it creates some continuity between the digipak and the music video.

No comments:
Post a Comment