Wednesday, 2 December 2015

Stills and Composition #2

I chose to alter the focus of the camera so that the rowing machine in the
foreground was out- of- focus, I feel this adds a greater depth of field to the shot
and also places more emphasis on Janadhi's face as the audience are drawn
to the sharp area of the shot. 



We positioned Jan in this way in order to comply with the 'rule of thirds',
the bike is along the left vertical line, while she is placed on the right
vertical line, the symmetry of the shot makes for comfortable
viewing for the audience. 


I particularly like this close up as it shows the narrative of our music video,
we wanted to show the protagonist completely exhausted and I think we
captured that by directing Janadhi's body language. 

This final shot was composed using the diagonal line of the
rowing machine, we thought this positioning was more interesting
for viewing than the horizontal shot we initially took. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment